Sunday 11 May 2008

How to talk to women

Not knowing what to say is a problem every guy has faced when approaching a woman. A tip for you. Instead of thinking of it as ‘approaching a woman’, reframe it in your own mind to starting a conversation.

Starting a conversation should be very natural.

The key here that good conversation is fun. Remember, conversation links people together, and it is the single most important factor in establishing human relations. So, why be so afraid to start a conversation?

In interactions with women you don’t know, you must take the lead. Most people feel inadequate in talking to others. However, you are different from most people. You are men who are empowered with the support of this community.

Conversation, in my opinion, is the art of self-expression. This is your opportunity to tell the world how you feel, let off steam and assert your individuality. Don’t give a damn about what response you may or may not get. Say what you feel, to whom you feel. You don’t need anyone’s permission to talk to them, because you do what you want, when you want.

Think of conversation as therapeutic, like gardening, fish-keeping, painting. It is an art which you will master, with practice, practice, practice and. . . . practice.

Do not worry too much about false openers, and routines. By all means, have a couple stashed away in your head, if you can’t think of anything else, but be observant when you meet a strange woman.

What is she holding? What kind of clothes is she wearing? What kind of mobile phone has she got? These questions can tell a lot about a woman.

Here is an example of what I did at a bookshop once. I was looking at some books, and this girl walked passed me, I said ‘stop’, she stopped and looked at me, then I said ‘you nearly got away there, and I would have lost my chance to talk to you’. She smiled and turned back. I asked her what she did, and then I stopped her before she answered and said ‘wait, let me guess – you’re a psychology student’. She said that I was right, and then asked me how I knew. She had a ‘psychology book in her bag’.

These observational conversation starters can be used in any environment.

With this particular girl, I got her phone number very easily.

IceDragon

No comments: